Dental implants are becoming increasingly popular as a way of replacing missing or damaged teeth. Full arch dental implant treatment is often the preferred option for those who want to replace a full arch of missing teeth, as it is more comfortable and natural-looking than traditional dentures. In this blog, we will look at what full arch dental implant treatment entails and the benefits of this procedure.
Full arch dental implant treatment is a type of dental implant treatment that uses multiple implants placed in the upper or lower jaw to support a permanent denture. This type of procedure is ideal for people who have suffered extensive tooth loss, as it allows them to replace all of their missing teeth in one go. The implants are carefully positioned and attached to the jaw bone, and a bridge is then placed over them to create the new set of teeth.
The process is relatively straightforward and, once the implants are in place, the patient is left with a fully functioning smile. This treatment comes with many advantages
- Increased comfort: Dental implants are designed to offer a comfortable, natural fit because they are designed for the patient’s individual mouth. As a result, there are no hard surfaces or sharp points to cause irritation.
- Improved appearance: Full-arch dental implants provide a permanent solution to missing teeth and a better smile compared to traditional dentures. They look, feel and function like natural teeth and do not require messy adhesives or soak overnight.
- Improved oral health: With a full arch of dental implants, more chewing power is available to the patient. As a result, the jaw is better aligned and food can be chewed more effectively, leading to improved oral health.
- Improved speech: Dental implants allow for more natural speaking patterns, making it easier to enunciate words properly.
- Durability: Dental implants are designed to last, providing a permanent solution to missing teeth.